Humana is committed to continuing to provide health insurance policies that support the overall health and well-being of Americans across the country. What began as a nursing home company in the 1960s has grown into one of the largest healthcare provider in the nation, with millions of people benefiting from its hospital operations and health insurance coverage. Today, Humana offers Medicare coverage, Medicaid plans, vision, dental, and prescription drug coverage options across the country.
Humana offers individual, family, and small business health insurance plans. As of 2017, Humana no longer participates in the federal health insurance marketplace, but is available outside of the Obamacare structure.
Humana Health Insurance in Your State
If you’re looking for Humana health insurance in a specific area, access one of the pages below to get more information:
What does Humana offer?
Humana health insurance options include vision, dental, and prescription drug coverage.
- Prescription Coverage – Humana offers three prescription drug plans: the Humana WalMart Prescription Plan, the Humana Preferred Prescription Plan, and the Humana Enhanced plan.
- Dental Coverage – Humana has dental plans that range from annual, preventative care to plans that offer insurance coverage for orthodontics, extractions, and other more serious dental work.
- Vision Coverage – Humana has three vision plans including Humana Vision, Vision Care Plan, and the EyeMed Plan. Dental and vision coverage can be combined for additional savings.
- Other Coverages – Humana also offers Medicaid and Medicare Advantage plans in some states including Florida, Virginia, and Illinois.
What does Humana Cover?
Humana covers a variety of medical conditions, prescription drug coverage, vision and dental insurance, as well as Medicare and Medicaid coverage. Read on for more information about what Humana insurance covers in 2021.
Does Humana Cover Abortion?
Humana covers abortion services in certain situations. Humana can cover the cost of an abortion in the following circumstances:
- If the woman suffers from a physical disorder, physical injury, or physical illness, including a life-endangering physical condition caused by or arising from the pregnancy itself that would place the woman in danger of death unless an abortion is performed.
- The pregnancy was the result of an act of rape.
- The pregnancy was a result of an act of incest.
Does Humana Cover Birth Control?
Yes, Humana does provide birth control coverage. It’s important to note that cheaper plans tend to include only the generic formulations of the drug. Also, some policies do not ensure the full cost of the drug, meaning you’ll have to pay the remainder out-of-pocket. For more information, always read the fine print of your plan and ask questions to your insurance broker.
Does Humana Cover Chiropractic Care?
It depends entirely on your plan. Some Humana policies provide chiropractic care as a pain-relieving alternative. In some cases, a physician will have to write a note or a prescription stating all other options have been exhausted.
Does Humana Cover Medical Supplies?
Yes, but it depends entirely on your Humana plan. Basic plans do not include medical supplies while the more expensive ones can cover respirators and defibrillators.
Does Humana Cover Nursing Home Care?
Yes, certain Humana plans do provide nursing home care. This is primarily geared towards seniors who need additional care. Most individuals over the age of 65 are covered under Medicare, but it doesn’t cover everything, including nursing care. Check the fine print of the Humana plan to find it if it includes this kind of service.
Humana Health Insurance for 2021
There are over 8.5 million Humana members across the United States. Humana health insurance in 2019 has expanded services to include additional policy services to increase the overall health and wellbeing of policy holders. This year, 2.8 million Humana members will see their policy premiums decrease or stay the same, with additional services being added.
Humana is also expanding its telemedicine program, giving 1.8 million people access to health care providers via phone and web services. With added services, Humana expands its reach to another 7 million people in 2019.
Humana currently offers plans in all states excluding Alaska, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington.