Kentucky Health Insurance Marketplace for 2019
2018 Obamacare Open Enrollment Period from November 1, 2017 to December 15, 2017. You can purchase health insurance for the upcoming year through the federally facilitated marketplace (HealthCare.gov)
You can purchase health insurance through HealthQuoteInfo. Call 855-614-5057 to shop around and save!
In the past, residents of Kentucky have used the website KY Connect to register for health insurance. This has been discontinued and all residents must now use the federally facilitated marketplace, meaning they have to go to HealthCare.gov.
It’s important to note there are different plans available through the Affordable Care Act. There’s bronze, silver, gold, and platinum. The bronze is obviously the lowest on the list and only covers 60 percent of the costs, meaning you have to pay the remaining 40 percent. This scale goes up until you reach the platinum level, where 90 percent of the costs are covered and you only have to pay the leftover 10 percent.
Medicaid and CHIP
These programs are for individuals or households that cannot afford to purchase health insurance. The two programs are administered by each state but are entirely regulated and subsidized by the federal government. To register for Medicaid and CHIP in Kentucky, you need to go to benefind.ky.gov at any time throughout the year to register.
If you purchase a plan through HealthCare.gov, you’re eligible to receive certain tax credits that can partially subsidize your monthly premium costs. This is a great incentive for individuals and households to taken advantage of, and it definitely helps boost the popularity of the Affordable Care Act.
Are You Confused?
If you still have remaining questions regarding the complex issue of health insurance, you can always consult HealthQuoteInfo for some clarification. Give one of our agents a call and we’ll explain everything and help you compare various plans.